Position Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reports to: CEO
Location: Bend the Arc National Office, New York
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S. The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Boston, with chapters organizing nationwide.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing discreet and confidential overall executive level coordination and support of the CEO in all aspects of her daily activities. The Executive Assistant is energetic; extremely detail-oriented; thrives in a fast-paced environment; and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage CEO’s calendar, scheduling and confirming appointments
- Make and coordinate travel arrangements
- Receive and screen calls and visitors to the CEO’s office, and ensure follow-up with requests
- In partnership with development staff, attend departmental meetings, coordinate meetings with donors and prospects, help identify prospects from CEO’s meetings and steward the CEO’s donors
- Work with development and other departments across organization to vet requests for speaking engagements
- Support CEO’s preparation for meetings
- Ensure effective communication between the CEO and executive team and senior staff; manage communications with CEO’s direct reports
- Provide support in preparation and execution of board meetings
- Prepare timesheets, expense reports and reimbursements in a timely fashion
- Take, transcribe and disseminate meeting notes
- Prioritize and manage special projects when needed by the CEO and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Provide other assistance as needed, including research and preparing briefings
- Provide support and/or logistics to special projects at the discretion of the CEO
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a comparable position or supporting an Executive
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
- Impeccable standards with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism required
- Strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to manage up and influence others
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge and Google Drive tools
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time position, with evening or weekend schedules based on need. Salary is competitive and appropriate to experience, and includes health and other benefits.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.