Position Title: PAC Manager
Reports to: Director of Bend the Arc Jewish Action
Location: Washington, D.C.
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S. The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with grassroots groups active nationwide.
The PAC Manager will be based out of Bend the Arc Jewish Action’s Washington, DC office, and will report to the Director of Bend the Arc Jewish Action. The PAC Manager will oversee and execute Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC’s fundraising efforts and will assist the Director in formulating the PAC’s overall strategy for each election cycle by tracking Congressional elections/polling, researching Congressional candidates, and suggesting endorsements. The PAC Manager will be responsible for carrying out that strategy and assisting the overall political strategy of the organization by drafting political memos, fundraising emails, candidate profiles, and website content. They will also lead Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC’s endorsement process with its board.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the PAC hits its fundraising targets for the 2018 cycle
- Work effectively with board, political donors and their staffs
- Proactively identify opportunities to communicate motivational developments to political donors and grow the PAC’s email list
- Work with the development team to coordinate strategy for current major donors, and identify and develop prospective major donors
- Manage weekly disbursements to candidates
- Work with consultants and CFO to ensure FEC and other compliance reports are filed properly
- Ensure all details on all communications, from the PAC website to weekly disbursements, are polished to affirm the organization’s status as a top tier political operation
- Stay abreast of all developments in PAC regulation and best practices to ensure our compliance and maximum efficiency.
PAC Strategy and Endorsement Process:
- Keep current on the political climate and the relative strength and weakness of all potential federal target races in order to make strong recommendations to the Director on potential endorsees.
- Work with Board and Bend the Arc Staff to court endorsees
- Manage the candidate interview process, including but not limited to maintaining a candidate questionnaire, and directing interviews between potential endorsees and lay leaders
- Liaise with candidates’ campaign staffs and national party staff once they are endorsed to ensure relationships are adequately maintained
- Ensure that all political communications are current and professional by staying on top of political developments
- Draft all fundraising emails on behalf of endorsees to grassroots donors
- Maintain the PAC website, as well as all promotional materials in collaboration with the Communications Department
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in the fields of political advocacy, political fundraising, and/or campaigns
- Experience with PAC operations
- Understanding of the Congressional political landscape and how to keep up to date on developments within it.
- PAC fundraising experience, including working with donors and maintaining donor relations
- Knowledge of and existing contacts within the American Jewish community and progressive political donor community.
- Highly organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and goal-driven environment
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams to advance organizational strategy
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to articulate Bend the Arc’s mission, values and programs to key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platforms
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time position with the need for periodic evening or weekend hours. Salary is competitive and appropriate to experience, and includes health and other benefits.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating why you want to work at Bend the Arc to email@example.com with “PAC Manager” in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.